If April showers bring May flowers, then what do May showers bring? Perhaps a beautiful garden, a lush lawn, and…MUD to carpets. There’s really no way to keep dirt, muck, and mud from being tracked into homes and businesses in St. Charles, MN, but there is a way to keep your carpets looking clean, smelling fresh, and welcoming to all who enter. Fight off your carpet’s worst enemy – MUD – with carpet cleaning services from ServiceMaster of Rochester. Mud is carpeting’s number one enemy, and if left untreated, it can really wreak havoc on your flooring. Follow a few simple steps to keep your carpets looking and smelling great:
- Entry mats. Keeping the dirt and mud at the door can be quite challenging and almost impossible. Keeping an entry mat both outside and inside your door can help to keep mud at the door. Kindly ask your clients or guests to use the mats and/or remove their shoes and boots if appropriate.
- Spot clean. Let’s face it. Mud and moisture get tracked in, things get spilled, and a good majority of the time these are accidental. When you notice a spot or spill, act quickly and blot the liquid before it has time to soak deep down into the fibers. Then apply a water-based detergent and let dry.
- Vacuum regularly. It can be difficult to find the time and energy to vacuum every day or several times per week. Vacuuming your carpets regularly, however, will help immensely and is the easiest way to keep them clean and extend their life.
- Rugs in high traffic areas. If you have high traffic areas, invest in rugs to help absorb the moisture from the rain and catch the mud before it gets ground into the fibers of the carpet. Remove and clean the rugs regularly so they can do their job effectively.
- Have your carpets cleaned regularly. Your carpets are a huge investment and something that you don’t want to have to replace every few years. That’s why it’s important to have a professional carpet cleaning service assist you regularly with cleaning. This leaves your carpets looking and smelling great and extends the life of your carpets and investment.