ServiceMaster Of Rochester Offers Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Tips. This has been a challenging couple weeks in our country with a new virus strain with many unknowns. ServiceMaster has been here before taking on MRSA, H1N1, SARS, Norovirus and others in the past. We understand sanitizing and infection control. Call us at 507-282-5747 with all of your questions!
The CDC has published interim guidance for non-health care employers that provides some direction (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-business-response.html). Our preventive recommendations during the current COVID-19 situation are similar to our recommendations during a regular flu season:
- Encourage sick employees to stay home, including separating sick employees or sending home.
- Emphasize respiratory etiquette (e.g., coughing into one’s elbow, immediately disposing of used tissues) and hand hygiene by all employees.
- Provide routine environmental cleaning, especially on high-touch surfaces with general cleaning agents, followed by disposable wipes provided to employees.
- Advise employees to take safe travel steps.
- Additional measures with COVID-19: Employees who are well but have a family member with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and other employees in the workplace.
For your family or business we offer these two tip sheets: