ServiceMaster of Rochester. If your home or property has suffered water damage, whether small or large, know the signs to look for and act quickly before more extensive damage is done.
- Obviously, if your home or business has been flooded and there’s water standing in the lower level, you know you need to act quickly and contact a water removal and restoration team to help with cleanup.
- Perhaps you walk into your laundry room and find water dripping from a water pipe. Although this is a subtle water leak, it can lead to more severe water damage. Don’t ignore the signs and act promptly to repair the source of the leak.
- Water drips can lead to puddles on concrete, carpet, or flooring. This may mean that you have water seeping, a leak in the foundation, or poor ventilation.
- If the lower level smells wet, musty, or moist, it’s a good indicator that water is leaking somewhere, somehow. Investigate and be certain the smell isn’t from excessive humidity. If it isn’t, contact a professional to determine the source of the leak.
- Discoloration of walls or ceilings. Water leaking from the ceiling doesn’t always just leave a dark color. Often it causes paint or paneling to fade, indicating a water leak from the attic.
- Suppose you enter your laundry room or living room and notice mold on the walls, floors, or ceilings. Don’t wait. Contact a professional to help determine the cause of the water leak and assist with cleanup before it becomes a health hazard.